Regional Sales Manager – US Speciality Division
Reports to: VP of Sales and Marketing
This position is a “hands on” role responsible to develop a team capable of generating profitable sales and increasing market share by mentoring and coaching Sales Professionals to promote and market all products distributed by Ennis Fabrics in the Specialty division. This position is responsible to lead all Sales Professionals to exceed customer experience expectations, promote professionalism, and contribute to the revenue growth and overall profitability of the company. This position promotes and reinforces Ennis Fabrics’ Vision, Mission and Values established within our brand strategies. This role will need to work in a cross-functional manner to understand and remove obstacles for their team to grow while working within the corporate policies and procedures.
- Responsible to mentor/coach sales professionals to continually increase sales and market share while contributing to the overall profitability of the company;
- Market share growth with existing accounts is a primary focus;
- Manage and monitor/coach all Sales Professional activities/behaviors mapped to Ennis Fabrics Sales Process guidelines and strategies;
- Develop market and product competence across all key market segments (Specialty fabrics and supplies) we serve;
- Build and promote a positive rapport with all customers.
- Coach and mentor Sales Professionals to exceed customer expectations;
- Prepare for Business Plan reviews, Regional and National sales meetings/conference calls;
- Prepare for a complete monthly one on one’s with each Sales Professional to review current territory status and performance against the strategic plan;
- Develop and refine actions/behaviors/activities for the coming month/quarter for territory growth and development with specific focus on identified KEY accounts;
- Participate in and complete monthly one on one meetings with sales team and VP Sales and Marketing;
- Forecast and set annual regional sales budgets and contribute to the corporate 5-year revenue forecast based on input from Sales Professionals and our customers;
- Learn and reinforce that Sales Professionals are adhering to and competent in our SPIN selling processes;
- Monitor and manage customer pricing negotiations/administration;
- Participate in required trade shows to promote product lines and company in a professional manner;
- Regional travel expectations are a minimum to 2 days per week on the road travelling with the Sales Professionals. Travel to remote reps is expected on a regular basis, frequency to be determined with the Vice President of Sales and Marketing;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks simultaneously with multiple Sales Professionals is critical;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ensure all email and voicemail is responded to in 24 hours or less;
- Plan and forecast yearly travel/expense requirements based on region/industry and Sales Professionals needs;
- Monthly evaluation of business based on results vs. budget with variance explanation;
- Assist Sales Professionals with call cycle management, territory management and call preparation/follow-up best practices;
- Actively be involved with you team to assist our credit department with any delinquent accounts;
- Champion the effective and efficient use of technology (i.e. Microsoft Office, CRM, etc.);
- Monitor that weekly/monthly required reporting is completed accurately and on-time by Sales Professionals and yourself;
- Forecast and manage sample vehicle allotment/inventory by region/rep – on-going basis;
- Complete/present yearly performance reviews of Sales Professionals. Be prepared to assess promo ability and address performance issues in a timely and professional manner;
- Work with HR and VP Sales and Marketing to implement progressive discipline measures in a time effective manner, as required;
- Report information to the Vice President of Sales and Marketing on trends/direction of sales, product information and marketing for all industries on a monthly basis;
- Provide assistance as required to showrooms to complete annual physical inventory;
- Other duties as assigned.
Personal Characteristics required:
- Self-motivated and customer oriented;
- Ability to coach and motivate and lead a diverse group of individuals to achieve a common goal;
- Ability to make informed decisions;
- Ability to problem-solve;
- Ability to forecast and forward plan regarding business plans and budgets.
- Superior communication skills \ organizational skills, time management;
- Competitive nature;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize all tasks assigned;
- Comfortable public speaking;
- Commitment to invest time required to complete the activities required of the role;
- Adaptable to a flexible work schedule with the ability to manage interruptions and priority changes.
- Post-Secondary Education required (preferably in a Business related degree);
- Time Management – effective management of multiple priorities;
- Effective negotiation skills;
- Strategic planning experience;
- Intermediate/Advanced computer Skills including Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Excel;
- Change Management;
- Comfort using CRM tools preferred.
- 5+ years B2B sales management experience with multiple direct reports is essential (previous experience in a distribution environment preferred);
- 5+ years of “on the road” selling experience required;
- Experience in the Marine or Awning industries preferred.
- Home Office;
- Responsible to maintain personal vehicle in working order;
- Travel required 35-50%;
- Variable hours required (including evenings and weekend travel for meetings/tradeshows).