Join Ennis Fabrics' dynamic marketing department! The Graphic Designer is responsible for creating all visual concepts to inspire and inform customers of our products and services. This position works with a variety of stakeholders and will get the chance to work on projects from idea to completion. The Graphic Designer reports to the Marketing Manager.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and write visual communication pieces for all the different products and services the company offers. Offer advice and suggestions on design and artistic layout of requested materials or presentations.
- Work with a variety of departments to ensure all designs and communications properly represent the company based on our corporate guidelines.
- Monitor and enforce the company image as defined in the corporate identity standards including but not limited to:
- Letterhead, envelopes, business cards, stickers, tags, catalogs, trademarks, company slogans, and graphics.
- Work with Digital Marketing Coordinator to keep the company website up to date and push development on an ongoing basis, including providing design layouts for web pages and content.
- Produce product digital images using the digital camera and/or scanner, for print and website by scanning, capturing, tiling and color correcting fabric images.
- Keep the website product images current.
- Co-ordinate customer and sales professional requests for digital images of products.
- Develop and maintain the schedule to complete projects within deadlines and time frames accordingly.
- Negotiate with external vendors to ensure projects stay on budget and prepare Purchase Orders for printed projects to be approved by the Marketing Manager.
- Assist in the creation and printing of the pricelists working with the Marketing Manager and Sales Support, while also managing the inventory of pricelists throughout the year.
- Responsible to remain familiar and current with the company product line, competitors and the markets the company services.
- Keep up to date with the latest software and computer technologies.
Personal Characteristics required:
- Strong design and color theory knowledge
- Team player with strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task with good organizational skills
- Show initiative with projects and performance
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to visualize, be creative and imaginative
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to deal with changing deadlines & priorities
- Deal effectively with stress while being open and approachable
- Degree or diploma in an accredited graphic design program
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud-specific to Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Knowledge of video editing through Premiere Pro and/or Windows Media Player
- Operate and manage a computer system in a Windows environment
- Advanced computer software knowledge (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Experience or formal training in photography, HTML coding and/or copywriting is an asset
Experience: 1-2 years job related experience preferred.
Office environment. Located in Edmonton Head Office.
Majority of work is computer related; therefore the job is desk oriented.
Hours are Monday to Friday, 7:30 AM – 4:00 PM. Some overtime may be required.
Two 15-minute breaks and one 30-minute lunch is allowed in one full working day.
Applications: To apply please email your resume to email@example.com. A cover letter and a link to your portfolio is appreciated.