Why join the Ennis Fabrics team?
Ennis Fabrics is a family company. We offer a caring and supportive envrionment for all our staff members and in return they bring a happy and hard working energy to what they do.
- Canada Savings Bonds Payroll Deductions
- Employees personal contributions into a Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP)
- Training and Education Resources
- Comprehensive Benefit Package
- Recruitment Bonus
- Social Club – various events throughout the year
- 50-50 Draws
- Corporate Events
- Christmas Party's
- Children’s Christmas Party
- Various Holiday Events & Team Building activities
- K-Days Breakfast
- Long Weekend BBQ’s
- Milestone Awards
- Opportunity to win Edmonton Oilers and Eskimo Tickets
- Employee Rewards and Recognition Program
- Interdepartmental Career Opportunities
- Incentive plans for Salaried employees
- Staff purchase discounts
- Free parking in secure lot, with power
- Secure, relaxed and friendly working environment
- Concert Tickets for purchase
If you would like to apply for any of the positions posted on this page, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
Join Ennis Fabrics' dynamic marketing department! The Graphic Designer is responsible for creating all visual concepts to inspire and inform customers of our products and services. This position works with a variety of stakeholders and will get the chance to work on projects from idea to completion. The Graphic Designer reports to the Marketing Manager.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and write visual communication pieces for all the different products and services the company offers. Offer advice and suggestions on design and artistic layout of requested materials or presentations.
- Work with a variety of departments to ensure all designs and communications properly represent the company based on our corporate guidelines.
- Monitor and enforce the company image as defined in the corporate identity standards including but not limited to:
- Letterhead, envelopes, business cards, stickers, tags, catalogs, trademarks, company slogans, and graphics.
- Work with Digital Marketing Coordinator to keep the company website up to date and push development on an ongoing basis, including providing design layouts for web pages and content.
- Produce product digital images using the digital camera and/or scanner, for print and website by scanning, capturing, tiling and color correcting fabric images.
- Keep the website product images current.
- Co-ordinate customer and sales professional requests for digital images of products.
- Develop and maintain the schedule to complete projects within deadlines and time frames accordingly.
- Negotiate with external vendors to ensure projects stay on budget and prepare Purchase Orders for printed projects to be approved by the Marketing Manager.
- Assist in the creation and printing of the pricelists working with the Marketing Manager and Sales Support, while also managing the inventory of pricelists throughout the year.
- Responsible to remain familiar and current with the company product line, competitors and the markets the company services.
- Keep up to date with the latest software and computer technologies.
Personal Characteristics required:
- Strong design and color theory knowledge
- Team player with strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task with good organizational skills
- Show initiative with projects and performance
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to visualize, be creative and imaginative
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to deal with changing deadlines & priorities
- Deal effectively with stress while being open and approachable
- Degree or diploma in an accredited graphic design program
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud-specific to Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Knowledge of video editing through Premiere Pro and/or Windows Media Player
- Operate and manage a computer system in a Windows environment
- Advanced computer software knowledge (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Experience or formal training in photography, HTML coding and/or copywriting is an asset
Experience: 1-2 years job related experience preferred.
Office environment. Located in Edmonton Head Office.
Majority of work is computer related; therefore the job is desk oriented.
Hours are Monday to Friday, 7:30 AM – 4:00 PM. Some overtime may be required.
Two 15-minute breaks and one 30-minute lunch is allowed in one full working day.
Applications: To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. A cover letter and a link to your portfolio is appreciated.
This position is a part of the Regional Sales Team and is responsible to generate sales through new and existing customers. The Sales Professional role will be to increase market share while promoting and marketing all products distributed by Ennis Fabrics through targeted markets in a manner to understand and meet customer’s expectations. The Sales Professional is a polished professional who promotes and contributes to the overall profitability of the company.
Reports to: Regional Sales Manager
Location: United States. Must live in either Michigan or Ohio.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Sales Related Activities:
- Responsible to continually increase sales and market share while contributing to the overall profitability of the company. Tools to expand client base should include but are not limited to relevant “near me” technology applications, industry/trade publications, trade shows, customer referrals and overall awareness of changes in the designated territory.
- Responsible to build and promote a positive rapport with all the customers in all capacities; opportunities, customer issues, challenges and questions and responses required in a timely and professional manner.
- Responsible to be prepared in all sales/business meetings and presentations as per the Ennis Sales process.
- Responsible for learning and becoming familiar with Ennis’ policies, procedures, and processes.
- Aid Ennis Fabrics targeted inventory metrics by promoting clear outs and slow-moving items, on a regular basis.
- Ability to manage selling opportunities and follow through on them while applying up-selling and cross selling techniques as well as SPIN selling methods and skills.
- Provide customers with product knowledge throughout the sale, which should include but are not limited to new and discontinued items, specifications, cleaning & FR codes, trends, price, durability, and suitability for all applicable applications.
- Responsible to learn and share product knowledge on all new & existing product lines while understanding competitive products offered by competitors in the marketplace.
- Negotiate Pricing: Standard pricing, price levels, and contract pricing to promote sales and profitability.
- Maximize sales while keeping expenses to a minimum (within budget guidelines).
- Ability to manage and maintain proper planning procedures and execute all in-call objectives and priorities.
- Participate in required trade shows to promote product lines and Ennis in a professional and polished manner.
- Responsible to maintain customer sample books which would include introducing and presenting new patterns, removal of canceled patterns, keeping up to date pricing and overall sample presentation in an appealing manner.
- Responsible to provide training for customer’s sales staff in order to improve confidence in promoting and selling the Ennis product line.
- Responsible to plan and execute a well-balanced call cycle to ensure full territory management. Successful coverage should consider the size of the account (Classification A, B, C) buying habits and competition. Must maintain a minimum of 6 to 8-week call rotations and a daily average of 6 to 10 calls per day.
- Ability to manage and allot time appropriately and accordingly to the Sales Professionals assigned territory and key accounts.
- Responsible to pursue and maintain on-going training opportunities that will enhance the sales reps ability to sell and remain competitive in the marketplace.
Business Acumen Responsibilities:
- Acceptance and fulfillment of work assignments and the ability to demonstrate leadership behaviors that help Ennis Fabrics become irreplaceable in our target markets.
- Ability to build relationships with our customers and to understand and meet their expectations.
- Business Planning – Ability to create and modify the Sales Professional’s business plan for greater efficiency and success.
- Ability to organize and report information in CRM (when our new ERP goes live).
- Responsible to complete and submit reports to appropriate departments in a timely manner.
- Yearly Reports: Provide a proposed yearly schedule outlining call cycle territory coverage objectives.
- Participate in annual sales budget.
- Weekly: Activity Report and Key Account Profiles and updates (WAR and KAP).
- Weekly Reports: Sample placements within territory and relocation of all sample presentations – Submit to Sales Support and post on the shared drive.
- MMIR Reports – Submit by the 15th of each month (including reports as required)
- Responsible to participate in planning sample allotment for direct shipping to customers.
- Complete annual sample inventory of sample storage facility.
- Responsible to qualify potential customers and set up new accounts, collect required credit information and complete credit application and forward to the office.
- Responsible to assist the Credit Department in collecting outstanding accounts in a timely and professional manner.
- Submit any and all funds collected within a 2 – business day turnaround time directly to the company’s corporate account.
- Inform the Credit Department of any and all developments that may affect the customer’s ability to pay in a timely and professional manner.
Communicates With: Customers, Regional Sales Manager, VP of Sales & Marketing, All functional areas and other Sales Professionals.
Personal Characteristics required:
- Open – minded and adaptive to change.
- Professional with a business development focus.
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service skills.
- Ability to effectively manage time and goal oriented.
- Excellent listening skills and ability to problem solve and provide solutions.
- Committed to building rapport and trusting relationships.
- Strong ability to build, maintain and support the Ennis brand.
- Strong written/verbal communication skills, must have the ability to do presentations.
- Highly self-motivated and pro-active – the ability to work independently.
- Curious and interested to learn the customer’s business and to understand issues and opportunities.
- Adaptable and able to contribute ideas for improved performance and processes.
- Ability to maximize selling opportunities.
- Minimum Grade 12 Education.
- Preferred secondary education in Sales or Marketing
- Basic Computer skills including e-mail (preferably Outlook), Word and Excel.
Experience: 3 -5 Years sales/marketing experience, preferably as a field representative.
- Home/vehicle office.
- Responsible to maintain personal vehicle in working order.
- Travel required.
- Variable hours of work.
Dress Code: Professional business casual attire that promotes a positive image of Ennis.