You’ve seen Endurepel™ written on our website, experienced it through our samples and heard about it from our sale professionals; yet you’re still unsure of what exactly Endurepel™ is? Let’s explore Endurepel™ to give you a better understanding of this fantastic performance feature.
What is Endurepel™?
Endurepel™ is a performance finish applied to woven fabrics and PU textiles. There are currently three types of Endurepel™ finishes, each with their own features, recommended uses and finishing process. Our Endurepel™ finished products are cross-functional and are used across a wide range of industries.
- Endurepel™ Shield: perfect for protecting your furniture in your family home or public area. With liquid repellency and an easy to clean finish, Endurepel™ Shield is designed for everyday life. It protects your couches, cushions, and drapery from accidental spills and stains. Endurepel™ Shield is available on stocked items or as an after treatment on most woven products.
- Endurepel™ Barrier: extra protection that brings peace of mind, Endurepel™ Barrier has a full moisture barrier, preventing any spill or mess from penetrating through the furniture. Endurepel™ Barrier is ideal for Senior Homes, Daycares and Healthcare settings where it’s important to clean messes up straight away and thoroughly, without having to replace furniture. Endurepel™ Barrier is available on woven textiles as an after-treatment.
- Endurepel™ Armour: the Endurepel™ Armour top coat protection provides an easy clean finish, antibacterial and anti-mildew properties. Armour is available on our excellent healthcare-rated PU, Premier, and our newest PVC product, Challenger.
Who developed Endurepel™?
Endurepel™ is Ennis Fabrics’ fully trademarked, proprietary range of performance finishes. We are proud of the Endurepel™ products we’ve developed because they help protect your upholstery and bedding items, prolonging their fantastic condition and expanding their lifespan. Our motto, ‘designed for your success,’ couldn’t be more true about Endurepel™.
How does Endurepel™ work?
Endurepel™ is a protective coating applied to textiles either in production or post-production (as an after-treatment) which forms an invisible stain-resistant coating around the textile fibers or on top of the PU skin.
Endurepel™ performance finishes are pre-applied by professionals for your convenience and peace of mind. You no longer have to worry about unreliable store-bought stain protector finishes again! When you receive your Endurepel™ treated textile, you know it’s our high-quality fabric, treated in the right way, and it is safe and ready to be used!
Why use Endurepel™?
We found that customers were desperate for a reliable performance finish for their textiles that would effectively prevent hard to remove stains and more. We already sold the fabric, so selling fabric protection pre-applied was an obvious next step.
We believe in Endurepel™. Not only does the pre-application of Endurepel™ to fabrics protect them, but it is also a much easier solution than any of the DIY options in the market. For the longest time, people would “scotch-guard” their furniture, spraying an uneven coating from an aerosol can. This ill-advised method:
- Didn’t achieve the desired outcome,
- was not always permanent
- was horrible for the environment and,
- was not particularly child or pet-friendly.
We solved all these issues by developing a protective fabric coating (in varying degrees of protectiveness) that is every bit as safe as it is effective. As soon as your fabric arrives, you can safely handle and use the product.
We currently have three strong collections that have products with pre-applied Endurepel finishes. All these collections can be viewed on our website, just click their title to see high-quality images and to see individual product specifications.
Endurepel™ Fundamentals II
From your brightest whites to your deepest greys and everything in between, this selection of beautiful upholstery fabrics will meet the needs of many Contract and Home Décor spaces. This new collection has our exclusive Endurepel™ Shield finish, for the ultimate in easy clean and stain repellent protection.
Endurepel™ Fundamentals is a versatile collection of some of our best-selling solids and textures. This functional and popular collection has our exclusive Endurepel™ Shield finish, for the ultimate in easy clean and stain repellent protection.
Stability 2nd Edition
This edition expands the Stability collection by featuring a range of subtle to vibrant colors, with each pattern characterized by contract-rated performance specifications, and all finished with Endurepel™ Shield.
This superior polyurethane product comes in a diverse range of 30 colors. Premier is finished with Endurepel™ Armour, which gives Premier its anti-bacterial, anti-mildew and easy clean features that make it suitable for any number of markets including Healthcare and senior care.